To ensure the health & safety of all players and coaches (participants) as well as spectators, MYBA will be taking the following steps to provide a safe environment for basketball. Please carefully read and understand these protocols. Please help us enforce these protocols by making sure your family is following the safety procedures defined below.
MYBA reserves the right to remove any participant that intentionally disregards these policies and procedures.
If anyone in that participant’s household is experiencing symptoms, that participant should not attend games or practices until it is clear that it is not COVID-19.
CDC Guidelines on Symptoms
State, MYBA, or Metrowest guidelines could change without notice. The season could end at any time due to state guidelines or based on the discretion of the MYBA Board of Directors. Please review the refund policy below.
COVID-19 Exposure Policies
- Any significant illness concerns and/or imposed quarantines - due to travel, other sports teams, school, etc. MUST be reported to coach.
- If a person has tested positive for COVID-19 may not participate in MYBA activities for 5 days following the positive test or first day of symptoms, whichever is earlier (Day 0).
- If participant has no symptoms or symptoms are resolving after 5 days, participation is allowed, however, a negative test (rapid antigen or PCR) is preferred (test on Day 5).
- If participant has a fever, continue to stay home until fever resolves.
- Participant MUST wear a mask at ALL MYBA events for 5 additional days.
- If the participant has been exposed to COVID-19 or deemed a close contact of someone confirmed with COVID-19:
- If the participant is boosted OR completed the primary series of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine within the last 6 months OR completed the primary series of J&J vaccine within the last 2 months:
- Participation is allowed
- Participant MUST wear a mask at all MYBA events for 10 days.
- If the participant has completed the primary series of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine over 6 months ago and are not boosted OR completed the primary series of J&J over 2 months ago and are not boosted OR is unvaccinated:
- No participation for 5 days. Resume practice/game on Day 6 if you have had no symptoms or a negative test (rapid antigen or PCR).
- Participant MUST wear a mask at all MYBA events for an additional 5 days.
- If participant develops symptoms, test and do not participate in MYBA activities
- NOTE: This close contact policy applies to Medfield Schools “Test and Stay” program as well. Test and Stay is applicable to the school only.
State information on quarantine guidelines can be found at the links below.
- MYBA will follow all state and local health guidelines and protocols
- Coaches will monitor participants for illness. Participants that look or act ill, they will not be permitted to participate.
- Mask Policy:
- At Medfield School buildings, it is REQUIRED that everyone (spectators, coaches, and players) MUST wear a mask.
- At any MYBA hosted event, masks are REQUIRED for everyone (spectators, coaches, and players).
- NOTE: This includes Kingsbury Club, even if the club policy is different
- Only face coverings that secure with loops around a player’s ears are acceptable.
- For Travel Basketball at non-MYBA hosted events, the mask policy is facility specific.
- MYBA participants and spectators are encouraged to wear masks even when not required
- Basketball will be permitted to be played by the players under the updated rules/guidelines of the sport set by the state, Metrowest (for travel basketball), and MYBA.
- Violation of MYBA COVID-19 Policies and Procedures may result in suspension or expulsion of participants from MYBA programs.
Basketball Activity Policies
- At MYBA hosted events, masks must be properly worn at all times. This means the mask must cover the mouth and nose completely.
- Mask breaks can be arranged.
- Social distancing will be encouraged and practiced.
- Players should arrive ready to play - shoes can be brought into facilities to put on. Each player must bring their own basketball, water bottle, hand sanitizer, and 2 masks to practice and games. All personal items must be clearly labeled.
- Masks should be swapped for fresh mask at halftime of game or half-way point of practice. Wet and/or sweaty masks become ineffective so a dry mask is essential to safety.
- Playing basketball will involve a shared basketball and touching of other players on the court. After playing and returning to the bench, players are encouraged to sanitize their hands.
Danny Blood, President MYBA